This macaroni salad is a staple in our house in the summer. I make a big batch and we eat it as a side dish with just about every summer meal. Funny story about this recipe, is that it actually started out as an accident. It was Spring Break ’06 in Daytona Beach and we had gone shopping for (cheap) food to grill and side dishes to make. I accidentally grabbed the wrong seasoning, ended up using it anyways and it turned out to be delicious!
(and, yes, I’m a big weirdo and I eat my hot dogs with a knife and fork!)
- 3 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 cup of mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 7-8 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 3 tablespoons McCormick Perfect Pinch Salad Supreme seasoning
Boil macaroni according to package directions. Drain and run cold water over the pasta until cool to the touch. Add all ingredients into a large bowl and stir until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.